Edmund Blinn, an Oak Park, Illinois native, who made a fortune in the lumber business, enjoyed Pasadena when visiting with his wife Kate and their four children.
In 1941, the home was purchased by Gloria Crane Gartz, an heiress to the Crane Plumbing Company. In 1945, she and eight other forward-thinking women formed the Women's City Club of Pasadena. Today, the historic home continues to serve the Pasadena community as a meeting place for civic, cultural, and educational activities.
Since 1945, the Women’s City Club of Pasadena has fulfilled a need within our local community by providing a beautiful meeting space for non-profit organizations, women in leadership, business professionals, and individuals to meet.
Today it continues to provide a place where local women connect, collaborate and celebrate life together.
In 1977 the Blinn House was designated as a Pasadena Cultural Heritage Landmark and in 2001 it was listed on both the National Register of Historic Places and the California Register of Historic Resources.
Arched windows with Wistaria stained glass window
Copyright © 2019 Blinn House Foundation - All Rights Reserved.